Meeting with international students
International students were welcomed by Alexander Linnikov, Vice-Rector for International Cooperation. He told them about the traditions associated with teaching international students in the best universities of the Soviet Union and Russia. He said he hoped they would learn about the multidimensional history, diversity of cultures and traditions of our country. Anatoly Kislyakov, Head of the International Student and Visiting Professor Department, presented the new International Student Handbook that included the graphic visual detailed representations of the important information.
The data included:
- Financial University Internal Rules and Regulations;
- Laws that govern the stay of the international students on the territory of the Russian Federation;
- Registration rules and rules of rendering medical services;
- Important addresses, telephone numbers and links to Internet resources where the students can get information.
At the end of the meeting, the students could either get a printed copy of the handbook or download it from the University web site.
The students also learnt a lot about the Financial University social and orientation programs. The list included the following programs:
- International Students Club;
- Dormitory Greeting Group program;
- UniFriend project;
- SpeedFriending project;
- Exploring Russia tours;
- Russian Language Speaking Club;
- Country Weeks project (an opportunity to learn about the customs and traditions of other countries);
- Country Weeks project (an opportunity to meet the compatriots and Embassy representatives);
- The Russian Way (a series of lectures on the Russian culture and traditions delivered by the International Relations Office staff members);
- FinU International Bookcrossing project (a bookcrossing project launched by the International Relations Office).
The international students also have access to all the University student clubs and societies, incl. sports clubs. They obtained detailed information about a unique program called International Student Ambassador. Within the framework of the project, the international students have the right to become an ambassador of the University in their own country, make presentations and speak about learning opportunities provided by the Financial University. Artyom Ishchenko, a Student Ambassador who came from Republic of Belarus (Faculty of International Finance; year 2), spoke about his learning experience and invited the audience to take part.
Undoubtedly, the scholarship issue is one of the most important for the University students, incl. the international students. During the meeting, the question was answered. The students learnt about an opportunity to obtain Rector's Scholarship or a special law student scholarship offered by Linnikov and Partners. The closing address has been offered by Andrey Rementsov, Deputy Vice-Rector for International Cooperation, who has an extensive experience of interacting with international students. He asked them not to waste time, promptly join the friendly University students' team and use their unique chance of studying in Russia and exploring the country. The meeting is part of a large-scale campaign. Its main purpose is to ensure that the Financial University first-year international students have a good learning experience and take part in social activities.