About the Faculty
The Faculty of Law was opened in 1997. During the past 2 decades, the Faculty has come a long way. It has evolved from a small faculty at the All-Russia State Tax Academy that later merged with the Financial University into one of the best faculties of law in Russia.
The Financial University Faculty of Law is a member of the Legal Education Association. It is one of the leading faculties of law in Russia.
The Faculty of Law was accredited by the Legal Education Association (Minutes of 1 July 2010), and by the Association of Legal Professionals of Russia (Certificate No. 63, Minutes No. 15 of 12 April 2012.)
The Faculty occupies the following positions in the rankings:
- 4th place in the list of the Russian legal professional-training universities (graduates salaries) (ranking compiled by Superjob);
- 15th place in the annual Russian university ranking compiled by Expert RA rating agency in 2015, 14th place in the same ranking in 2016 and 13th place in the same ranking in 2017. We can observe that steady progress has been made;
- It is on Top-10 list of Russian universities with the best graduate employability indicators (ranking compiled by the Kommersant newspaper);
- It is on the list of Russian legal professional-training universities (ranking compiled by www.pravo.ru portal).
The Faculty has a license to conduct educational activity. It has the following programs on offer:
Bachelor degree programs with the following concentrations:
Civil and Entrepreneurial Law
Program Director: G. F. Ruchkina, Doctor of Law, Professor, Honored Worker of Higher Education, Head, Department of Legal Regulation of Economic Operations, Financial University
Financial and Tax Law
Program Director: N. F. Popova, Doctor of Law, Professor
International Economic Law
Program Director: A.V. Popova, Doctor of Law, Professor
Period of study: 4 years
Master degree programs with the following concentrations:
- Lawyer in the Banking Sector
Program Director: G. F. Ruchkina, Doctor of Law, Professor, Honored Worker of Higher Education, Head, Department of Legal Regulation of Economic Operations, Financial University; member, Expert Council at the Moscow State Duma Legislation Committee; member, Teaching and Methodology Association of the Russian Universities (legal education); expert, National Education Accreditation Agency; Editor-in-Chief, Bankovskoye Pravo (Banking Law) Journal (it is on the list of journals of the Russian State Commission for Academic Degrees and Titles, indexed by the Russian Science Citation Index and by the Web of Science)
Legal Support of Business Operations (Corporate Lawyer)
Program Director: O.A. Ruzakova, Doctor of Law, Professor, Department of Legal Regulation of Economic Operations, Financial University; Deputy Head, Staff of the State Duma Committee for State-Building and Legislation
State Law and Business Lawyer
Program Director: S. A. Ivanova, Doctor of Law, Professor, Department of Legal Regulation of Economic Operations, Deputy First Vice-Rector for Teaching, Financial University; member, Teaching and Methodology Association of the Russian Universities (legal education); expert, National Education Accreditation Agency
Economic Crime Investigation
Program Directors: Yu. V. Nikolayeva, Doctor of Law, Professor, Deputy Head, Department of Legal Regulation of Economic Operations, Financial University, A.B. Kashevarov, PhD (Economics), Distinguished Economist of the Russian Federation; Head, Federal Antimonopoly Service collaborative provision department; Deputy Head, Federal Antimonopoly Service of Russia
Period of study: 2 years
The Faculty has the following postgraduate training programs on offer:
- Theory and History of the State and Law, History of Doctrines on the State and Law
- Constitutional Law, Constitutional Law-Based Proceedings, Municipal Law
- Civil Law, Entrepreneurial Law, Family Law, International Private Law
- Financial Law, Tax Law, Budget Law
- Criminal Law and Criminology, Law of Criminal Procedure
- Administrative Law, Administrative Process
We are proud of the teaching staff members who work at the Faculty. They are a friendly team that consists of professional lawyers, experienced instructors, well-known scholars who are engaged in the teaching process and research. A significant share of the instructors works as legal professionals in the bodies of judicial power, law enforcement agencies and financial regulatory authorities, in law firms and legal advice agencies.
V.A. Baranov, V. N. Grechukha, I.N. Solovyev, Yu.V. Stepanenko, V.N.Tkachev, Honored Lawyers of the Russian Federation, A.B. Kashevarov, Distinguished Economist of the Russian Federation teach at the Faculty. 88% of the teaching staff at the Faculty are the holders of PhD degrees (Law) or a degree of the Doctor of Law. There are 28 Doctors of Law and 75 holders of PhD Degrees (Law) at the Faculty.