Terms and Conditions of Admission
The foreign nationals who do not speak Russian or have basic Russian language skills that are not sufficient for taking courses at the bachelor, master and postgraduate studies departments of the Russian universities are enrolled to the Financial University Faculty of Foundation Programs for International Students. The students are enrolled in accordance with the special quota set and on a fee-paying basis. The Financial University offers foundation programs to international students prior to training in economics, humanities and engineering. The period of study is 1 year (2 semesters). The starting date is subject to student group formation deadline. The academic year starts in September. The application submitting process starts in March and ends in November. The student cohort is divided into groups. Each group consists of up to 12 people. At the end of the course, the international students take their final examinations. The most qualified instructors including professors and associate professors teach the students at the Faculty. Upon completion of the course, the students who have passed the final examinations obtain a Certificate of Pre-University Training formatted in accordance with the state standard. It gives the holder the right to be admitted to any university within the territory of the Russian Federation, including the Financial University under the Government of the Russian Federation. Upon written request, the students who have not completed the course have a right to obtain their academic transcript that includes the list of courses taken and the course workload information.
All the students at the Faculty are offered good accommodation at the University student residence halls located on campus during the period of study.
- All rooms meet all the sanitary requirements. The residence halls have security guards service and a modern surveillance system in place.
- The room rent amount is 900 to 1,659 rubles a month. The amount depends on the room category.
- There are coordinators at the residence halls who help students resolve social and everyday issues.
- The tuition fee at the Faculty is 180,000 rubles a year (for the 2018/19 academic year).
In order to become enrolled, you need to submit the following documents:
1. A copy of the passport (the first page including the photo) and its translation into Russian. The passport expiry date should not be earlier than two years from the date of application.
2. Original document certifying prior training and its translation into the Russian language;
3. A soft copy of your color photograph (3 x 4 cm)
You need to send the above to the following e-mail addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or submit the following in person or through your representative in Moscow to the following address: Russia, Moscow, Leningradsky Prospekt, 55, room 317, 318 (near Airport metro station).
I. In order to obtain an invitation to enter the territory of the Russian Federation, you need to:
1. Fill in the form that is needed to issue a student invitation and send it to: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com;
2. Pay the public fee amount of 800 rubles and submit the original of the receipt in person or mail it to: Russia, Moscow, Leningradsky Prospekt, 55, room 317, 318, Faculty of Foundation Programs;
3. Indicate the representative to whom the invitation should be handed out or your e-mail address to which a soft copy of the invitation will be sent;
4. It takes 20 to 30 calendar days to issue the invitation.
5. After receiving the invitation, apply for the student entry visa to the Embassy or Consulate of the Russian Federation located in your country.
II. The Financial University Visa Department is in charge of issuing migration documents.
Within 2 days of the date of arrival, you need to submit the following to the Visa Department located at: Moscow, Leningradsky Prospekt, 49, room 415.
1. Passport (the original and 3 copies)
2. An entry visa (the original and 2 copies)
3. Migration certificate (issued by the border control authorities), with the ‘training’ indicated as the purpose for entering (the original and 3 copies)
4. A completed notice of arrival and a completed visa application form
In order to become enrolled, you need to submit the following medical certificates and their translation into the Russian language:
1. HIV RW, HBC, HCV, malaria certificate
2. Infectious disease certificate
3. Vaccination certificate
4. Certificate issued by an X-ray specialist
5. Certificate issued by a dermatologist
6. Certificate of absence of helminth eggs
7. Infectionist’s certificate
8. Medical certificate (form 086/u) (can be obtained upon arrival to Moscow) stating the results of examination by GP, surgeon, neurologist, ophthalmologist, otolaryngologist, blood and urine analysis results.
The Financial University renders assistance to the international students in concluding insurance services agreements upon arrival
I. Before arrival, you need to inform the following persons of the arrival by sending an email and a soft copy of your ticket to: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org. We recommend arriving on a weekday.
II. Inform the above persons of your need of a volunteer’s assistance by sending an e-mail to their addresses.
III. The following documents are to be submitted by the applicant to the Dean’s Office:
1. Passport (the original and the translation into Russian certified by a notary public);
2. Original document certifying prior training and its translation into the Russian language certified by a notary public (officially recognized by the relevant authorities (as appropriate));
3. 8 color photographs (3 x 4 cm.) on matte paper;
4. The following medical certificates should be translated into Russian:
- HIV RW, HBC, HCV, malaria certificate
- Vaccination certificate
- Infectious disease certificate
- Certificate issued by an X-ray specialist
- Certificate issued by a dermatologist
- Certificate of absence of helminth eggs
- Infectionist’s certificate
- Medical certificate (form 086/u) (can be obtained upon arrival to Moscow) stating the results of examination by GP, surgeon, neurologist, ophthalmologist, otolaryngologist, blood and urine analysis results.
All students should have proof of availability of funds that are sufficient to cover expenses associated with tuition fee payment, medical insurance purchase and accommodation at the student residence hall.
NB. All documents incl. medical certificates should be translated into Russian. Translation of documents into the Russian language is performed at Embassies and Consulates of the Russian Federation in the country where the documents are issued or in the notary public’s offices in Moscow.
Address: Leningradsky Prospekt, 55, room 317 and 318
Tel.: + 7 499 943 95 21
+ 7 499 943 94 82