Duration: 1 year
Programs prepare students for taking courses in: Engineering, Economics, and Humanities
After completing the course of a foundation program, the best students continue their studies as bachelor, master and postgraduate students at the Financial University and other Russian universities. Their achievements and their awards obtained at student competitions are taken into account during the enrolment process. The Faculty has academic performance and student attendance monitoring system in place. Grades and attendance data are posted in e-registers and put into paper registers. Student ranking system is in place and student rankings are compiled following the examination period. The Financial University has appropriate teaching, administrative and auxiliary staff who take care of the students of the Faculty programs involved in the teaching and learning process. The Faculty staff organize research and creative work competitions that contribute to using each international student's creative potential. The Faculty management and program directors have jointly developed orientation programs and cultural programs and offer them to the Faculty international students.
A Russian language course
Student group composition is subject to change. It depends of the date of students' arrival, previous qualifications and the Russian language skills. The course workload is 960 hours a year. We also have short-term Russian language programs on offer. The students who wish to expand their knowledge of Russian can take a 3-months or a 6-months course. During the period of study, the students can use all the necessary manuals and learning materials. The University also has an e-library and each student has free access to the Internet through WiFi. There are special classes where the Russian language is taught equipped with multimedia devices. We also have independent study rooms students can use. The final examinations in the Russian language are in line with the CEFR B1 level requirements. In order to pass B1 level examinations, the students of the program need to achieve the following learning goals:
- To be able to read small texts taken from newspapers, magazines and books; understand the main points of the text, certain details, conclusions made and the point of view of the author;
- To be able to write a text that contains 20 sentences on one of the topics suggested, i.e. the students themselves, their families, studies, foreign language learning process, workday, leisure, native town, health and healthcare, weather; be able to render the main points of the text they have read or the message heard;
- To be able to understand the content of short dialogues and extract the facts (topic, time, attitudes, characteristics of objects, goal, cause); understand long dialogues and share own views of the words and deeds of the speakers; understand the content of announcements broadcast, news, social and cultural materials;
- To be able to participate in a dialogue related to a rather wide range of issues found in everyday situations, start, maintain and end the conversation; maintain a conversation on various topics (students themselves, their work, the profession, interests, the country, the town, cultural issues, etc.); form own view based on the content of the text on social and cultural issues they have read;
- To use grammar rules and lexical units to form utterances in line with the intentions that emerge in standard situations;
- The number of lexical units learnt: 2,300.
The B1 level is sufficient for those who wish to become enrolled to the Russian education institutions, incl. higher education institutions, universities and colleges. The international students of the foundation programs, as a rule, achieve this after a year of special language training at the relevant faculties (departments). Upon completion of the course, the students who have passed the final examinations obtain a Certificate of Program Completion issued by the Faculty of Foundation Programs.
The Faculty of Foundation Programs for International Students is glad to invite you to take short-term Russian language courses.
The course goal is to improve oral and written communication skills during a short period of time. The course includes grammar, phonetics, writing and vocabulary knowledge sections. The teaching staff members pay much attention to improving conversation skills and listening comprehension skills.
The instructors are experts in teaching Russian as a foreign language. They have at least 5-years' teaching experience and regularly take professional upgrade and development courses.
Program duration: 3 months and 6 months at a convenient time (subject to student group composition changes).
Workload: 144 hours (a 3-month course); 288 hours (a 6-month course).
Tuition fee: 42,000 rubles (a 3-month course); 70,000 rubles (a 6-month course).
The Financial University provides comprehensive visa support to the students of the programs.
The students are accommodated at the comfortable student residence halls located near the learning facilities (near the Airport metro station). The students can use a pool, a gym, use the e-library, e-learning resources and have free access to the Internet through WiFi. Upon completion of the course, the students obtain a Certificate of Program Completion.
You need to:
1. Send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or submit through your representative in Moscow:
- A copy of the passport (the first page including the photo) and its translation into Russian. The passport expiry date should not be earlier than two years from the date of application.
- Original document certifying prior training and its translation into the Russian language;
- A filled in application form needed for issuing the invitation (not later than 2 months before the program start date). It takes 30 to 40 calendar days to issue the invitation.
- A soft copy of your color photograph (3 x 4 cm)
2. Indicate the representative to whom the invitation should be handed out or your e-mail address to which a soft copy of the invitation will be sent.
3. After receiving the invitation, apply for the student entry visa to the Embassy or Consulate of the Russian Federation located in your country.