There are a few scientific schools in the Department.
- Registration No. 8-R (minutes No. 3 of 28 March 2014) was assigned to the scientific school of Asset and Business Value Assessment and Management by the University Academic Council.
- The school is headed by Marina Fedotova, Head of the Department, Doctor of Economics, Professor, holder of the Award of the President of the Russian Federation in the field of education; Distinguished Economist of the Russian Federation; Honored Worker of Higher Education; has received a Letter of Commendation from the President of the Russian Federation.
- The scientific school of the Theory and Practice of Corporate Governance is headed by I. Yu. Belyayeva, Deputy Head of the Department, Professor, Honored Worker of Higher Education; Distinguished Worker of Higher Education; holder of the Award of the President of the Russian Federation in the field of education (2000).
- The scientific school of Corporate Financial Strategy in a Market Economy is headed by I.Ya. Lukasevich, Doctor of Economics, Professor; member, Academy of Natural Sciences; Honored Worker of Higher Education; member, International Institute of Public Finance (IIPF); holder of the award of the Arts and Humanities in Higher Education System international competition; member of the Expert Council of the Russian State Commission for Academic Degrees and Titles (2010 – 2012), head of a section at the Department.
- The scientific school of Finance of Microeconomics was established and approved by the Academic Council of the Financial University on 28 March, 2014. It is headed by D. S. Molyakov, Honored Worker of the Higher Education, holder of the PhD degree in Economics, Professor, author of monographs, textbooks, manuals and teaching methodologies. He is also author of more than 100 publications on capital investment issues, financial and investment management issues (total volume: more than 150 printed pages). He is a member of the Financial University Academic Council, a member of the Academic Council of the Faculty of Finance and Economics; a member of the Financial University Teaching Methodology Council; Director-General of the Moscow International Finance and Banking School. He teaches undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate students and civil servants. His specialism is corporate financial management and corporate financial system structuring.
The Institute for Industrial Policy and Institutional Development conducts fundamental and applied research while integrating research, teaching and data gathering, renders multi-disciplinary assistance to the Department of Corporate Finance and Corporate Governance and other Financial University financial departments in doing the research, making consulting efforts and intelligence gathering. Acting in accordance with the orders of the Government of the Russian Federation, the Institute develops draft laws and prepares analytical reports.
Areas of Research
1. Value assessment of businesses, intangible assets and intellectual property.
2. Real estate value assessment and public cadastral survey.
3. Value estimation.
4. Venture investment and financing.
5. Project financing.
6. Financial support of the investment process, financial investment tools.
7. Financial mechanisms used for innovative development of the economy.
8. Fintech in corporate finance.
9. Corporate governance in public and non-public companies.
10. Corporate governance system structuring.
11. Transparency and disclosure of information within the corporate governance system.
12. Public joint-stock property management: state representatives' motivation issues.
13. Corporate social responsibility integration into the corporate governance system.
14. Formation of a mechanism for aggregated assessment of quality of non-public Russian companies' management in the interests of the state and stakeholders.
15. The M&A market in the Russian economy.
16. Financial management, investment and economic and mathematical methods.