About the Department
The Department of Public-Private Partnership was opened on 26 October 2010 by the Bank for Development and Foreign Economic Affairs (Vnesheconombank) State Corporation.
The Department has the following goals:
- To train highly-qualified experts in the PPP project development and management, and offer advanced training to PPP project participants;
- To develop and update master program and professional development programs;
- To be engaged in fundamental and applied research in order to address pressing issues related to public infrastructure development backed by the use of PPP mechanisms;
- To participate in international projects in order to form competencies that meet international requirements.
The Department Partners
The Financial University, the Avtodor State Company and the Federal Center for Project Finance signed a partnership agreement in December 2014. The partners will train experts in PPP.
VLADIMIR DMITRIEV, Head of the Department, Doctor of Economics, Professor, Corresponding Member of the Russian Academy of Natural Sciences, Vice-President of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federation
SERGEI KELBAKH, First Deputy Department Head for Research, Doctor of Economics, Professor, Chairman of the Board of the Avtodor State Company
IRINA PEROVA, Deputy Department Head, PhD, Assistant Professor
Programs on offer
Master Program in PPP Project Management
|Face-to face (period of study: 2 years) || ||Off-site (period of study: 2.5 years) |
|V.A. Dmitriev, Doctor of Economics, Professor, Program Director || ||S.V. Kelbakh, Doctor of Economics, Professor, Program Director |
The master program in PPP Project Management was the first program in public-private partnership projects management in Russia. It was launched in 2012 to train experts in public-private partnership management. The program is special as it uses a practice-oriented approach to learning. The employees of the Avtodor State Company, Vnesheconombank Group, the leading Russian and international experts in public-private partnership management and the Financial University employees are the Department teaching staff members. The first masters got their degrees in 2014. Today, there are 59 master program graduates and 31 program students. They started teaching the master program through the distance learning mode in 2017.
The program curriculum includes the following:
|Core disciplines||Electives |
- Institutional Basis for the Interaction between Government Institutions and Business Companies
- Theory and Best International Practice of PPP Management
- Legal Framework for Public-Private Partnerships' Operations
- Public-Private Partnership Project Financing
- Public-Private Partnership Project Management
- Public-Private Partnership Project Efficiency Assessment
- Comprehensive Territorial Development in the Russian Federation
- Public-Private Partnership Project Marketing
- Tariff Regulation
- Public-Private Partnership Project Public Communications
- Public-Private Partnership Project Change Management
- International and Russian Best Practices in Public-Private Partnership Project Implementation in the Road Industry Sector
- Public-Private Partnership Project Structuring in the Road Industry Sector
- Industry-Specific Public-Private Partnership Project Implementation
|Final state examination |
|Master thesis defense |
Practical training and employment opportunities
- Government institutions and local governments
- State corporations
- Russian and multinational companies (private investors)
- Consulting companies
- Development institutes and microfinance organizations
Master program advantages
- Russian and overseas practitioners are engaged in the learning process.
- Case study-based approach;
- Examination of best practices in the field;
- Students are engaged in developing public-private partnership projects;
- Internship opportunities in companies engaged in public-private partnership project implementation
Russian Regional Public-Private Partnership Project Management Advanced Training Program
The Department has a further education program (professional development program) on offer in order to train qualified personnel for the PPP project market.
Executives and experts of the Avtodor State Company, a number of key departments of Vnesheconombank and its subsidiaries, representatives of the Ministries of the Russian Federation, executives and lead experts from banks, law firms, insurance, engineering and consulting companies prepare learning materials and are engaged in conducting theoretical and practical classes.
You can apply by sending your application to: email@example.com
The Department started offering a postgraduate training program in Economics and National Economy Management in 2013. The Department experts regularly offer their services as advisors and consultants to the public-private partnership PhD program students.
The Department teaching staff and students are engaged in public-private partnership research project implementation.
125993, Moscow, Leningradsky Prospekt, 51, room 302
Tel.: 8(499) 922-3459