Тhe foreign nationals who do not speak Russian or have basic Russian language skills that are not sufficient for taking courses at the bachelor, master and postgraduate studies departments of the Russian universities are enrolled to the Financial University Faculty of Foundation Programs for International Students. The students are enrolled in accordance with the special quota set and on a fee-paying basis.
The Financial University offers foundation programs to international students prior to training in economics and engineering. The period of study is 1 year (2 semesters). The starting date is subject to student group formation. The academic year starts in September. The deadline for submitting the application and the accompanying documents is the date that is at least 2 months prior to the starting date. The student cohort is divided into groups. Each group consists of up to 12 people. At the end of the course, the international students take their final examinations.
The most qualified instructors including professors and associate professors teach the students at the Faculty. Upon completion of the course, the students who have passed the final examinations obtain a Certificate of Pre-University Training formatted in accordance with the state standard. It gives the holder the right to be admitted to any university within the territory of the Russian Federation, including the Financial University under the Government of the Russian Federation. All the students at the Faculty are offered good accommodation at the University student residence halls during the period of study.
The tuition fee at the Faculty is 180,000 rubles a year (for the 2018/19 academic year).
The Application Procedure
1. To study the terms and conditions and the tuition fee information posted on the University website.
2. To send the following to the following e-mail address: email@example.com or submit the following through your representative in Moscow:
- A copy of the passport (the first page including the photo) and its translation into Russian. The passport expiry date should not be earlier than two years from the date of application.
- A completed application form that is needed to issue a student invitation. The form should be sent not later than 2 months prior to the start date. It takes 30 to 40 days to issue the invitation.
3. To indicate the representative to whom the invitation should be handed out or another way of transferring the invitation to the applicant.
4. After receiving the invitation, to apply to the Embassy or Consulate of the Russian Federation located in your country for the student entry visa.
5. During the first business day upon arrival in Moscow, to submit the following documents to the Dean's Office of the Financial University Faculty of Foundation Programs for International Students (Leningradsky Prospekt, 55, room 317 and 318):
5.1. The following documents are to be submitted by the applicant to the Faculty:
- The passport and the passport translation into the Russian language certified by a notary public;
- Original document certifying prior training certified according to the rules established (if necessary) and its translation into the Russian language certified by a notary public;
- A medical certificate and its translation into the Russian language certified by a notary public* indicating the absence of medical contraindications for the study and stay on the territory of the Russian Federation; the original of the HIV certificate; the original of the certificate issued by a dermatologist; the original of the certificate issued by an X-ray specialist; the original of the vaccination certificate. The date of the medical examination should not be earlier than 3 months prior to the date of arrival at the University.
- 8 color photographs (3 x 4 cm) on matte paper,
- Certificates proving availability of funds needed to pay the tuition fee, for a medical insurance policy and for the accommodation.
5.2. Documents required for the migration registration and visa extension (to be submitted to the Visa Department located at: Leningradsky Prospekt, 49, room 415, tel.: 8 499 943 9582):
- Passport (the original and 3 copies)
- An entry visa (the original and 2 copies)
- Migration certificate (issued by the border control authorities), with the 'training' indicated as the purpose for entering (the original and 3 copies)
- A completed notice of arrival
- A completed visa application form.
* Translation of documents into the Russian language is performed at Embassies and Consulates of the Russian Federation in the country where the documents are issued or in the notary public's offices in Moscow.