Recognition of certificates of education issued by overseas institutions and/or foreign qualifications
Prior to applying for admission to the Financial University, the individuals who have certificates of education issued by overseas institutions need to collect documents that should be submitted and officially recognize their certificates of education.
In accordance with part 2 of Federal Law No. 273-FZ of 29 December 2012 'On Education in the Russian Federation', recognition in the Russian Federation of a certificate issued by the overseas education institution and/or foreign qualification means official confirmation of the value (level) of training and (or) qualifications obtained overseas in order to ensure the certificate holder's access to educational services and/or conducting professional activities in the Russian Federation and to provide to the certificate holder academic, professional and/or other rights prescribed by international treaties on mutual recognition of qualifications and/or the legislation of the Russian Federation, and the holders of a certificate issued by the overseas education institution and/or foreign qualification recognized in the Russian Federation have the same academic and/or professional rights as the holders of the similar certificates of education and/or qualifications obtained in the Russian Federation, unless otherwise provided for by international treaties on mutual recognition of qualifications.
In accordance with part 11 of Article 107 of Federal Law No. 273-FZ of 29 December 2012 'On Education in the Russian Federation' and Presidential Decree No. 1332 of 9 September 2008, the Financial University has a right to independently recognize certificates of education and/or qualifications obtained abroad.
Qualifications recognition process includes preliminary examination and final recognition stages.
In order to have your qualifications recognized, you should file an application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
You should type ‘qualifications recognition’ and your full name in the subject line.
The application form should contain the following:
• Full name of the applicant;
• Date of birth;
• Name and details of the ID document (number, series, expiry data and date of issue)
• Applicant’s contact information (address, telephone number, e-mail address);
• Purpose of the qualifications recognition (prospective studies or professional activity at the Financial University);
• Name of the state and the education institution that issued the certificate of education;
• Full name of the education institution that issued the certificate of education;
• Name of degree obtained (if any);
• Type of program you intend to become enrolled to (bachelor, master, postgraduate).
You should also submit the scanned copies of the following:
• Certificate of education (diploma) and diploma supplement;
• Translation of the certificate of education into Russian (if the original document is in the foreign language);
• The original and translation into Russian of the ID document.