The teaching process is based on transferring a deep fundamental knowledge of the theory, with a clear focus on practical training. When conducting seminars and practical trainings, modern learning technologies are used and debates, round table discussion sessions, brainstorming sessions, business games, and case studies in innovative formats are organized.
The Faculty's competitive advantages are the following:
- A deep fundamental knowledge of economics and finance is acquired;
- Different concentrations are available within programs, which ensures proper acquisition of professional knowledge and skills;
- Curricula and course descriptions have been developed in cooperation with the employers;
- Professional standards have been introduced into the learning process;
- Availability of study abroad programs (double degree programs, academic exchange programs, internships, summer schools, etc.);
- Flexible individual learning trajectory is developed for each student, there are many unique electives students can choose from;
- Interactive learning formats are used in the learning process (master classes, business games, simulations, etc.)
- There are opportunities for advanced study of a foreign language and courses of a second foreign language are available;
- Student placement is guaranteed during the practical training period. Assistance is rendered to graduates in finding a job.
The degree-awarding departments of the Faculty of Finance and Economics are the Department of Corporate Finance and Corporate Governance, Department of Public Finance, Department of Insurance Business and Social Sector Economy.
Collaborative provision departments of the Financial University (Department of KPMG, PwC, Mortgage Loans and Insurance, Economics and Finance of the Defense Sector, Ernst & Young) regularly conduct master classes, deliver lectures, hold presentations, organize case studies, and render assistance to students during a practical training period and after graduation during the job-seeking period.
A bachelor degree program in Economics is on offer at the Faculty with the following concentrations:
- Public and Municipal Finance
- Corporate Finance
- Financial Risk Management and Insurance Business
A master degree program is on offer at the Faculty with the following concentrations:
- Corporate Finance in the Digital Economy
- Business Valuation and Corporate Finance
- Insurance Business
- Public Financial Management
- Financial Technologies in Business
- Public Finance
- Financial-Industrial Groups: Analysis and Finance; Engineering Systems and Technologies (a double degree program launched in cooperation with MISIS National University of Science and Technology)